Bruce Sprinsteen has announced that his new album Chapter And Verse will be released 23rd September through Columbia Records. This comes four days before the release of his new autobiography Born To Run released via Simon & Schulster.
The album though being a greatest hits of the singers career, will also include 5 previously unreleased tracks. The tracklisting has also been considered to match Born To Run with the first two songs being from his first band The Castiles through to the last track being from his most recent album Wrecking Ball.
Recordings from Steel Mill and The Bruce Springsteen Band, are also included on this album leading to the whole range of Bruce Springsteen to be shown on this 15 track album.
The tracklisting is available below:
1. Baby I — The Castiles (recorded May 2, 1966, at Mr. Music, Bricktown, NJ; written by Bruce Springsteen and George Theiss; previously unreleased)
2. You Can’t Judge a Book by the Cover — The Castiles (recorded Sept. 16, 1967, at The Left Foot, Freehold, NJ; written by Willie Dixon; previously unreleased)
3. He’s Guilty (The Judge Song) — Steel Mill (recorded Feb. 22, 1970, at Pacific Recording Studio, San Mateo, CA; previously unreleased)
4. Ballad of Jesse James — The Bruce Springsteen Band (recorded March 14, 1972, at Challenger Eastern Surfboards, Highland, NJ; previously unreleased)
5. Henry Boy (recorded June 1972, at Mediasound Studios, New York, NY; previously unreleased)
6. Growin’ Up (recorded May 3, 1972, at Columbia Records Recordings Studios, New York, NY; previously appeared on ‘Tracks’)
7. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) (1973, ‘The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle’)
8. Born to Run (1975, ‘Born to Run’)
9. Badlands (1977, ‘Darkness on the Edge of Town’)
10. The River (1980, ‘The River’)
11. My Father’s House (1982, ‘Nebraska’)
12. Born in the U.S.A. (1984, ‘Born in the U.S.A.’)
13. Brilliant Disguise (1987, ‘Tunnel of Love’)
14. Living Proof (1992, ‘Lucky Town’)
15. The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995, ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’)
16. The Rising (2002, ‘The Rising’)
17. Long Time Comin’ (2005, ‘Devils & Dust’)
18. Wrecking Ball (2012, ‘Wrecking Ball’)
All songs written and performed by Bruce Springsteen except as noted.
Film-maker Thorn Zimny has released his trailer for Chapter And Verse below:
Springsteen’s 500 page autobiography Born To Run will be released in hardcover, e-book and audio editions. Pre Orders are available – here
Chapter And Verse will be available as a single CD and a double LP, as well as digital downloads and streaming. The package includes lyrics and rare votings. Pre Order’s are available now.